Innovate UK, through the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, invites applications for strands 1 and 2 of the future flight challenge. This supports projects that will develop and demonstrate integrated aviation systems and new vehicle technologies that enable the introduction of new classes of electric or autonomous air vehicles. These could include drones or unmanned aircraft systems, advanced air mobility vehicles, or sub-regional electric or hybrid passenger aircraft. Funding is available across two strands:
•strand 1 – for projects focusing on the demonstration aspects of novel classes of electric or autonomous air vehicles and systems, with total budgets worth between £500,000 and £15 million over a period of 12 to 24 months;
•strand 2 – for projects focusing on developing enabling technologies and cross-cutting systems that support the deployment of novel air vehicles in UK airspace, with total budgets of between £500,000 and £4m over a period of between 12 and 24 months.
All proposals must be business focused and involve an SME.
- Closing date 03 Nov 21
- Deadline information Applications are invited between 6 September and 11am, 3 November 2021. This call is repeated once a year.
- Date added 23 Aug 21
- Award type Research calls for business; Directed grants to institutions, research groups etc; Technology innovation/development
- Award amount max £10,500,000
- Award amount min £125,000
- Average award amount —
- Award budget total £65,000,000
- Applications per institution —
- Consortium requirements Required